Thursday, November 13, 2014

Past Museum Friday

As I continue to post on this blog, I will be putting up posts of our previous Museum Fridays.   This is to help me keep track, off load pictures from my ipad and keep a journal of things I never wrote down.

This museum day was on Sept. 25.  Russ was home for the day from work, Remington was napping, and I had to perform in a master class on BYU campus.  I told Madalynn that we would go and have our Museum day early because of the time limits on the Museum's hours.  I knew it would probably be one of the last Wed I would be able to take Madalynn to the Provo Daughters of the Utah Pioneers Museum before it closed for the winter and doesn't reopen until next summer.  We will be looking forward to touring the pioneer village on the same property next summer as well.  I will mostly just be posting pictures of this day in this post, but it was so fun to take Madalynn to these museums.

Oh, as I post these pictures, I will say that all three of these museums are approximately 5 miles apart.  Yep, provo is a pretty amazing place!!  You may also notice that I always post a picture in front of each building.  That is how I keep track of the places we have been.

Historical Marker out in front of the Museum

Haha, the door

We went here.  

She doesn't even know what these are.
It was fun to show her the name was a Remington though

A replica of a living room during pioneer times.  
Period dresses.

She loved the mural of the different dinosaurs.
We went to the Eccles Dinosaur park on Labor day,
just two week before this picture.
She is reminding me of the different names of the dinosaurs.  
Small perfect exhibit for a 4 1/2 yr old

Really good exhibit of an archeologist and his kit.  
Standing in front of a dinosaur skull
Triceratops baby head
Mommy and baby



On my way to the Master Class I had to play for we had to walk through the BYU MOA.  The week before viewing this exhibit we had gone down to visit the Lotus Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork, Ut.  This was such a great review of Indian architecture, their Gods and see a few statues representing their Gods.  I found it completely fascinating.  She was being silly of course when we went to take a picture.  My favorite part...watching their religious dancing.  A lady was filmed doing the dancing at the temple we had just been too.  Madalynn got sucked in watching her.  





Jumping from bean bag to bean bag.  I couldn't stop her.  
 During the master class, a worker from the BYU library came in and handed out some note pads.  While I was performing, she made me a book.  Once we left the class, she read it too me.  She had pretty much drawn X's on each page and they meant something.  It was so fun to just listen to her talk about it.  I am glad that I took her with me.  She came to Master Class just one week after her first classical music concert.  She was really really well behaved and quiet.  Oh I love her.  It was a great Mommy and Daughter date.

Hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment