Saturday, November 15, 2014

Sight Word Dominos

A while ago I pinned this link to a ladies after school game with her young son.  I decided it was time to try this game.  Madalynn has about 20 sight words down with no problems now.  It is super fun to watch her read her sight words.  She gets really excited, squeals half the time, leans in for a hug while we are reading, and just find overall excitement that she is remembering things.

I decided that a review was in order.  This game provided a great review.  About three weeks ago, I used my paper cutter and some large ruled writing paper we have and cut the paper into small strips.  I made sure that I had at least two of every word she has learned and added about a dozen new words.  I also cut up several extra and left them blank in a bag.  I figured that I would find words I had either forgotten to do, or I would add new tiles while we were playing of the words that needed the most review.  Needless to say, it is an easy game to play, quick cheap easy game to make and Madalynn had a great time.  It was a highly successful activity.  


We reviewed the following words:
Have 
To
My 
Me
Too
Of
Off
See
Are
Down
This
That
What 
Who
Here
Said
She 
He
Not
On

Hope you enjoyed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment